1. The Irish Lads were defeated by Florida State, 31-27. This ends their winning streak but don’t count them out for the rest of the season. They are now 6-1. The next game is against Navy on November 1.
Meanwhile, the Richmond Spiders beat Rhode Island on Saturday bringing them to 5-2 for the season. They travel to Elon, N.C. on October 25 for their next game.
2. The evening temperatures are starting to drop. This morning we were in the low 30’s, which is the coldest morning we have had for October. The day warmed up to the high 60’s with plenty of sunshine. It’s only October, so we’ll be in light jackets enjoying the fall season.
3. I upgraded to OS X Yosemite over the weekend. I had one minor issue with the email but found a solution to that. My laptop is a MacBook Pro that I purchased back in 2008. So I figure this is minor. All of the other OS updates have worked fine. I am an Apple fan.
4. Elections are approaching. We have to decide who to support in the U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives. Most of the ads on television are negative ads, one person berating the other. I would rather have positive information on each candidate. Tell me what you have done and what you want to do for your constituents.
5. October 24, 1969 the movie “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" was released. It starred Paul Newman and Robert Redford. It won an Oscar for best song, Bert Bacharach’s “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head.”
6.Msgr. Shreve aortic valve replacement was successful. He is recovering well and thanks everyone who prayed for him. More prayers are always welcomed.
7. Anthony De Cristofaro, of “Your Daily Tripod” has a unique way of interpreting the daily readings. In Thursday’s reading, Ephesians 3:14-21 he writes;
“”In Ephesians, St. Paul tells us of what we will get when we wake up to the Jesus alarm ringing on our nightstand. We will get “rooted and grounded in love.” We will get “power through his Spirit in the inner self.” We will get “strength to comprehend with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length and height and depth.” We will get “to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge.””
Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.