1. We started on the second floor guest bathroom last weekend. The idea was to paint it. However, as with most of my projects, I discovered that the light fixtures over the sink needed replacement. The project is extended and now includes new fixtures.
2. My manager has given notice that he is leaving at the end of March. Steve was the key reason I came back to work for my present organization. His move will be good for his career and I know he will do well. Now I have to adjust to a new manager. Life is always changing.
3. Rick Warren writes daily devotional based on readings from the “New Living Bible.” Wednesday’s reading is worth sharing.
“Isaiah 26:3 says, “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!” When you spend time with the Lord, you turn your thoughts to him. Then, you get along better with others, because he keeps perfect peace in your heart, and you’re not as irritable.”
4. Did you ever wonder how to relate to a billion dollars? It is beyond the ability of my questionable mind. So I went to “About.com” and found out some interesting facts. Please use these as you see fit.
“If we wanted to pay down a billion dollars of the US debt, paying one dollar a second, it would take 31 years, 259 days, 1 hour, 46 minutes, and 40 seconds. To pay off a trillion dollars of debt, at a dollar a second, would take about 32,000 years.
About a billion minutes ago, the Roman Empire was in full swing. (One billion minutes is about 1,900 years.)
About a billion hours ago, we were living in the Stone Age. (One billion hours is about 114,000 years.)
About a billion months ago, dinosaurs walked the earth. (One billion months is about 82 million years.)”
A billion inches is 15,783 miles, more than halfway around the earth (circumference).
5. Today is Saturday and it’s raining outside. The morning is one of those “I’m not going to rush into anything” mornings. Enjoyed breakfast with Dee and planned out our day. Thank you Lord for this day.