"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, October 3, 2014

My Slow Takes About Pendulum Waves, Johnny Carson, The Tokens and Smile.

1. The Spiders triumphed over the Hampton Pirates 42-17. They are now 3-2.

"Today was a complete team victory, a good team win. It was important for me and the staff to be calm, show some poise this week and show some confidence in our players.  Our depth shows that we can play a number of different ways and I think in the long run that will benefit us. I think we are in a good spot heading into week four."
-- Richmond head coach Danny Rocco

2. This is from the Harvard Natural Sciences Lecture Demonstrations. It is really unique and worth watching.


3. October 1, 1962, Johnny Carson takes over as host for the Tonight Show. He was on the air for thirty years. I watched many of his shows and enjoyed “Carnac the Magnificent  and “The Mighty Carson Art Players.” On his final show he ended with these words.

“And so it has come to this: I, uh... am one of the lucky people in the world; I found something I always wanted to do and I have enjoyed every single minute of it. I want to thank the people who've shared this stage with me for thirty years. Mr. Ed McMahon, Mr. Doc Severinsen, and you people watching. I can only tell you that it has been an honor and a privilege to come into your homes all these years and entertain you. And I hope when I find something that I want to do and I think you would like and come back, that you'll be as gracious in inviting me into your home as you have been. I bid you a very heartfelt good night.”

4. The Tokens sing “The Lion Sleeps Tonight.”


5. The Happy Hippo version.


6. Hug someone today.


7. Happy “World Smile Day.”     




Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment