"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, April 24, 2020

Birthdays, Uhtred & Father Jan



**********

On Sunday there was a “drive-by birthday celebration” at the home of our dear friend Jeanine’s. It looked like the entire Epiphany congregation, friends and relatives drove by. There were plenty of signs and honking horns.

Happy Birthday Jeanine!

**********

"The Last Kingdom." 
Season 4 starts April 26.


**********

Another birthday for one of our close friends.

A man who has a boisterous laugh and who also happens to love our granddaughters as much as his own.

He turned 80 last Saturday. We expect to celebrate his 90th as well.

Happy Birthday Clark! 

De colores!


**********

I spend a lot of time at my desk. More than normal. So, I'm not surprised that my neck muscles bother me. Correct posture is the key, along with a proper chair and some adjustments.

A quick research brought me to "Fit for Work." 

I read through the checklist and made adjustments as recommended. Posture, positioning and scheduled breaks are now more important to me. My chair, keyboard and mouse were a bit off and I wasn't sitting back in my chair.

Too soon to tell how the changes will help, but I'll provide an update next week.


Netclipart
**********

Father Jan is the author of the beautiful song, "On Eagle's Wings." Steve Givens interviewed him and posted it on his blog.

Steve writes, "At this moment in time, when the world is wracked by disease and the fear of the unknown, Fr. Joncas suggests that leaning on ancient texts like the Psalms can be a healing salve precisely because there's nothing new under the sun."

It is worth reading and then watching the video of Michael Crawford in Concert.

**********
I agree that everyone should be wearing a mask when away from their home. My mask was homemade by our dear friend Brenda. A mask made with love and care.
Thank you Brenda.

 However, somewhere in my family tree, on my mother's side, I am connected to the Clan of Turnbull. I have two Clan Turnbull kilts and wear them proudly. In fact my buddy Tony said that on St. Patrick's Day, what makes it a celebration is me dressed in my kilt.

However, a new Clan Turnbull item has come to my attention.


No, I don't have mine yet.

**********

Toby Keith - “Don’t Let The Old Man In” (THE MULE)


**********

There are more "takes" over at Kelly's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment