"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, May 1, 2020

Bagels, "Halo" & April Rain



**********

Panera has a special "Tuesday Bakers Dozen" where you can get thirteen bagels for only $6.99. They now offer pickup and delivery options. So I went with the pickup option and sent in my order.
Apparently so did a lot of other bagel lovers. When I arrived to pick up my order I learned that a couple of the bagels I ordered were not available. So I agreed to the recommended available bagels. Not a bad or negative thing, just one of those things I didn't think about. 
All is well, and I'll continue to get bagels and coffee at Panera.
My thank's to the employees who continue to serve us.

**********

The other morning I thought about my ol' XBOX 360. I haven't played any games for quite awhile and figured now would be a good time to get it out and start up my "Halo" games.

So I set everything up and found a solo game that our grandson Justin had put on the system. Figured it would be a good place to start. Now I don't play the level he does and I had to relearn the game controller. But I played for about an hour and got "hooked" once again. 

The next day I set up my profile and things went somewhat smoother. Still rusty, but I have the time to improve my skills.   

**********

I finally decided to get my bike ready for the season. Although I may be a little late because I've already seen quite a few bikes on the road.

So, I pumped up the tires, checked over the gears and completed a general "walk around." 
Added my handlebar bag, grabbed my gloves and helmet and went for a test ride.

The side mirror has a crack in it. Bad enough that it is not really safe to use. So I decided it would be best to stay off the main roads and ride around our neighborhood.

The ride was good, the bike handled well and I enjoyed it.
Didn't have my music, but next ride I'll try some Toby Keith music.
The mirror does need to be replaced, so I ordered a new one.

  
**********

Sitting at home without access to our clubhouse equipment room has not been a good thing, but Dee and I make sure we do our exercise walks when the weather permits. If the weather is not cooperating we use "Walk At Home" by Leslie Sansone. It's simple, it's easy and it works. I suggest that you try her video, "1 Mega Mile" on You Tube. 
It's excellent and you will walk one mile, burn callories and feel good. The video is only 20 minutes long.
She has other videos as well, so check them out.
.
*********

On this last day of April I am reminded that rain is a constant for this month. 

The Rain Song

"Let the rain kiss you
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops
Let the rain sing you a lullaby
The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk
The rain makes running pools in the gutter
The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night
And I love the rain."


**********

It's the month of May and summer is almost here. I was looking for a Snoopy cartoon for the month of May and came across this one from May 1968 at Fandom.Com.


I've always enjoyed Snoopy as the World War I Flying Ace.

**********

Mindy McCready (1975-2013) - "You'll Never Know"


**********

Kelly has more takes over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment