1. Happy Memorial Day.
2. Prayers are requested for one of our Epiphany brothers Marc, his wife Michelle and son Brogan. Marc joined our Lord on Monday the 30th. He had been fighting brain tumors for over a year. Obituary at the Richmond Times Dispatch.
3. We spent last week at the Outer Banks and were blessed with sunshine and warm temperatures. Dee’s Mom joined us, it is her first trip to the beach. She loved it!
|The beach at Kill Devil Hills.|
|A Heron (Taken with my iPhone)|
4.There are times when I try to write poetic love notes to Dee but my mind drifts …..
5. On Tuesday, Kelly wrote an interesting article about her new program entitled “Vino Fitness.” It combines the results of fermented grapes and the exhilaration of jogging into a new form of exercise. Depending on your particular BMI, one to three glasses of wine per workout would help reduce the affects of “strains, sprains, tears or injury.” I don’t fully agree with her program, not the part about the wine, but when it should be used. My experience is that after an exhilarating workout or an afternoon of yard work, I’m ready for a glass of wine. If I were to consume wine before these activities, my enthusiasm to begin them would be questionable........ just my two cents.
6. Historicon 2016 is coming to Fredericksburg, Virginia on July 14. Details here.
7. Our favorite song from Alan Jackson - “Remember When”
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.