1. Deacon Arthur gave his first Homily on Sunday. He is a quiet speaking man that delivers his message with authority and conviction. We are blessed to have him as part of our church community.
2. The 1st Maryland Regiment, 1776. This unit took part in the following engagements. Long Island, Harlem Heights, White Plains, Trenton-Princeton, Brandywine, Germantown, Monmouth, Camden, Cowpens, Guilford Courthouse, Hobkirk Hill. Ninety-Six and Eutaw Springs. It is a unit that served it’s country well. This is my primary Southern Campaign unit. It fits in with the 4th Maryland Regiment, I painted back in August. Figures are Old Glory Miniatures.
3. Saturday was another exciting game for the Spiders. They came from behind and beat the Blue Hens 64-43. This puts their record at 5-6. November 23 William and Mary will enter Robins Stadium for the final game of the season.
4. On November 17, 1958, the Kingston Trio’s song, “Tom Dooley” was number one on the “Billboard” pop chart. Bob Shane, Nick Reynolds and Dave Guard became “folk music” legend. They are still around and performing.
5. Prayers for my sister Kim who had her appendix removed. She is in the hospital recovering and doing well.
6. I am not a real fan of basketball but enjoy an evening with friends when we attend the Richmond Spider games. Tuesday night we watched an exciting game at the newly renovated Robins Center. My observation of the game of basketball is that all the action always occurs at the end of the game. I marvel at how the coaches can take the last two minutes of a game and stretch it out to what seems like 20 minutes. Tuesday night was one of those moments. The Spiders had been trailing the entire game and at the two minute mark the score was 55-58. They then tied Hofstra, 58-58, with less than a minute to play. A shot by one of the Hofstra players was blocked and that led to overtime. The Spiders finished 74-63.
7. Next week is “Black Friday” and the ads are overwhelming as always. If you’re thinking about tech gifts for your family members, I suggest you read the article by Kim Komando at USA Today. “6 tech gifts you shouldn’t buy this holiday season.”
Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary