1. We had a “Beach Group” dinner party Saturday evening at our house. The “girls” prepared chili, taco soup, salad, fresh shrimp and desert. I cooked sausage on the grill that Dee and I brought back from the Sloan Super Market in Buffalo, New York. There were a few bottles of wine, interesting discussion and plenty of laughter.
|Dee, Susan, Jeanine, Pam, Brenda & Maureen|
|Me, Tony, Roger, Lou, Dave & Jack|
2 .The Spiders lost to Towson on Saturday putting their record at 2-6. They host Albany on November 2.
3. Quarterback Tommy Rees threw for 284 yards with a career-high five touchdown passes against the Air Force Falcons. The win put the Irish Lads at 6-2. Navy travels to Notre Dame on November 2.
4. Our son Stephen and his Truck Company 24, “C” Platoon, were awarded the Meritorious Service award. They received the award for a river rescue they completed on the James River last summer. The photo shows half of the Company.
|Joel, Stephen & Ryan|
5. October 26, 1881: Wyatt, Virgil and Morgan Earp and Doc Holiday shot it out at the OK Corral in Tombstone, Arizona. The faced Ike and Billy Clanton, Tom and Frank McLaury and Billy Claiborne. The most famous gun fight in the west.
The best movie depicting the incident was “Tombstone,” made in 1993. Kurt Russell was a perfect Wyatt Earp while Val Kilmer made the character Doc Holiday.
Val Kilmer; “I’m your huckleberry” and “Why Johnny Ringo. You look like someone just walked over your grave.”
Kurt Russell; “I don’t think I’ll let you arrest us today.”
|Kurt Russell & Val Kilmer|
|Val Kilmer, Sam Elliott, Kurt Russell & Bill Paxton|
6. Happy Halloween!
|A Lady Pirate & her Knight|
7. Happy All Saints Day. Dee and I will be attending Mass at Epiphany and assisting as needed with Hospitality.
Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.