"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Monday, July 22, 2013

Historicon 2013


The weekend historical miniature convention was great. I spent the entire Saturday immersed in my favorite hobby.

There were two flea markets, one from 10AM - 1PM and the other from 2PM - 5PM. I didn’t find anything I was looking for but enjoyed talking with other gamers. It was also fun looking at all the tables and seeing the different things available. 

I did much better in the vendor area and bought some figures for my American War of Independence period. One of my favorite vendors, Sash and Saber Castings, was introducing some new 40MM figures. They are Highland Clansmen and look excellent. There was a set of rules for the French and Indian War era that I have been researching, so I bought that as well. Shopping activities were completed, until the next convention.

The best part of the day was spent playing the rules mentioned above. It was a historical reenactment of the Battle of Bloody Run. It took place on July 31, 1763 during Pontiac’s Rebellion. Our game didn’t quite turn out with the same results, but we enjoyed it.

The convention also provided painting contests, painting classes, and seminars. It is open to all visitors who just want to watch. If you decide you want to play there is an admission fee. It is hosted by the Historical Miniature Gaming Society.

An American Civil War Game

A children's Lego Game

My Game


Read other posts at Conversion Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment