"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, March 11, 2016

Early Spring & Folk Music



My Slow Takes

1. This week our weather transformed into a beautiful warming trend. I’ve been cleaning up the yard, trimming bushes, and trees, cleaning up leaves and putting down spring fertilizer. Life is good. Thank you Lord. 

2. The yard work has taken me away from my historical figure painting. I’m a little behind schedule but hope to remedy this come the weekend.

3. Daylight saving time is Sunday March 13. The days will be longer and I will enjoy the late evening sun.  


4. Dee and I watched the PBS production of “This Land is Your Land.” It was folk music from the 60’s. Music that is great for listening, and if you know the words, singing. There were some great artists that brought laughter, some sorrow and an appreciation of the simple things in life. This week I am sharing three such artists, Tim Hardin, Judy Collins and the Smothers Brothers.

5. Tim Hardin - “If I Were a Carpenter Hardin”


6. Judy Collins - “Black is The Color of My True Love’s Hair.


7. The Smothers Brothers - “Miriah”




Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment