"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, November 30, 2018

Thanksgiving, Mass & Leaves




**********

We had a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner with family last week. 
Dee made the turkey, ham, green beans, sweet potatoes and biscuits. Christina brought scallop potatoes and desert.

Isabelle, Hailey, Eryn and Me

********** 

Our Thursday evening prayer group watched Segment 6 of the 
Ministry of the Wild Goose with Father Dave Pivonka, TOR. 

This week we learned that the Holy Spirit is present in the Mass. 
A concept that I never thought of before. 

The study questions that were asked:
 why we attend Mass, 
how do we prepare for the Mass and 
what part of the Mass is most important to us. 

These are not easy questions for me. I have never thought about them. 
So, in addition to the Holy Spirit at Mass, I have to think about Father Dave’s questions as they pertain to me.

********** 

Advent begins on Sunday, December 2.
I suggest signing up for “Best Advent Ever” at Dynamic Catholic.

**********

Snoopy is getting ready for Christmas, practicing his version of “Silent Night.”


**********

Last July I took our lawn vacuum in for servicing. I wanted to be prepared for the Fall. The plan worked out well. At least for the first weeks of the onslaught of leaves. Then this week, the temperatures dropped to a range in the mid 30’s. 

On Wednesday morning the aforementioned device refused to start. No matter what coaxing I tried, it just wouldn’t start. So, with the blower and rake I moved leaves off the lawn. A long arduous process. 

Thursday it warmed up to the low 40’s, so I though I had a better chance. But once again it refused to start. So I pushed it out into the sun for about an hour and that did the trick. It ran for the rest of the day.

Today I was trying to remember when I purchased this finicky device. It seems that it was back in 2006. Hmm, 12 years old. Maybe it’s wanting to retire or perhaps it longs for a warmer climate.


*********

The Irish Lads are ranked number 3 in the "College Football Playoff" list as of December 30.

**********

Alison Krauss & John Waite - "Lay Down Beside Me"


**********

Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment