"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, February 15, 2019

Thrones, Cursillo & Skeeter



**********

I told myself that I wouldn’t go back and watch the early seasons of “Game of Thrones.”
Then, HBO offers Season 1 for free. So okay, maybe I’ll take a look at the first episode, “Winter Is Coming.” It was like holding a Hershey bar in my hand and telling myself not to eat it.
I’m hooked once again, even though I know what will happen to Sean Bean.

Sean Bean as Richard Sharpe. A great series.

The Greenjackets

********** 

“Love seeks one thing only: the good of the one loved. It leaves all the other secondary effects to take care of themselves. Love, therefore, is its own reward.”
   Thomas Merton

********** 


**********

Central Virginia’s 519th Women’s Cursillo weekend begins next Thursday evening.
My wife Dee is on team. Please pray for her, the team and the candidates.


**********

Circle by Harry Chapin

All my life's a circle;
Sunrise and sundown;
Moon rolls through the nighttime;
'Til the daybreak comes around.
All my life's a circle;
But I can't tell you why;
Season's spinning round again;
The years keep rollin' by.
It seems like I've been here before;
I can't remember when;
But I have this funny feeling;
That we'll all be together again.
No straight lines make up my life;
And all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings;
And so far no dead-ends.


**********

"U.S. Representative Abigail Spanberger today led and introduced legislation that would help prevent future government shutdowns and protect federal workers from being used as negotiating tools in funding talks."

**********

Skeeter Davis ~ The End of The World 


**********

Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment