"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, January 25, 2019

Remember, Rose & St. Paul



********** 


Thank you to Jim H. for sharing this.

********** 

“With numbing cold, biting at my brittle bones
I feel many years giving me a wake up shake
Gripping my coat through the more gripping cold
I feel the world has grown old.

January I cried for my Mom the first time
She probably cried and then smiled for my tears
She surely is yet smiling for my thoughts through these years

For the tears that she shed were at giving me birth
January is the warmest time on earth.”

John Shea 


In remembrance of my Mom, Rose Marie.

********** 


“Calvin: Isn’t it strange that evolution would give us a sense of humour? When you think about it, it’s weird that we have a physiological response to absurdity. We laugh at nonsense. We like it. We think it’s funny. Don’t you think it’s odd that we appreciate absurdity? Why would we develop that way? How does it benefit us?

Hobbes: I suppose if we couldn’t laugh at things that don’t make sense, we couldn’t react to a lot of life.

Calvin: (after a long pause) I can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.”

**********

Big legos would be fun to play with in my hobby room. 


**********

Take a look at my finished Ojibwa miniatures. 

Waasa Inaabidaa: "We look In All Directions"

**********

Thursday was the “Memorial of Saint Francis de Sales,” my patron saint. 
The patron Saint of all writers, authors and journalists. 

"It is not those who commit the least faults who are the most holy, but those who have the greatest courage, the greatest generosity, the greatest love, who make the boldest efforts to overcome themselves, and are not immediately apprehensive about tripping."

**********

Today, January 25th, is my birthday and it is also the “Feast of the Conversion of Saint Paul.” 
Sometimes I wonder if God did this on purpose. Sort of a reminder that He is always with me.

**********

John Denver - “For Baby” (For Bobbie)


**********

Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes


No comments:

Post a Comment