1. The Spiders beat Morgan State on Saturday which moves them on to round two of the FCS Playoffs. Finishing at 7-5 this year, the Irish Lads will now be preparing for 2015.
2. “Be vigilant at all times and pray that you have the strength to escape the tribulations that are imminent and to stand before the Son of Man.” Luke 21:36
“Your Daily Tripod,” for November 29, 2014, posses the question, “where do you stand?” Anthony De Cristofaro suggests that we read the post of New Orleans Saints player Benjamin Watson. The post provides his thoughts to the announcement that a grand jury would not indict a Ferguson police officer in the shooting death of a teenager.
Anthony writes that “When we stand before the Lord, we will account for our faith and what we say and do because of it. Let us be aware that our hearts do not become drowsy from too much television, Internet, work, play, and other diversions. We may never all be a CNN hero, but we all can take steps to improve our community one person at a time. In doing so, we will be nourished by God’s grace as we nourish others so we can nourish still more.”
3. Our granddaughter’s, Hailey and Eryn, were here for Sunday dinner, so I made sure the Advent Wreath was ready. Dee helped the youngest, Hailey, light the first candle. Then we all read the following.
The word “advent” means “coming,” and it refers to both comings of Christ. He came long ago to a manger in Bethlehem, He promises to come again at the end of time.
As we gather around our wreath to begin the celebration of Advent. Let us ask our Father in heaven to fill our hearts with grace.
Heavenly Father, we look forward to the celebration of Christmas and to the coming of the Lord in glory. Bless this Advent wreath and all of us. As we pray daily around it, fill us with your life and strengthen us for our daily tasks. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
4. On December 5, 1933, Prohibition ended with the 21st Amendment.
5. Carrie Underwood - “Oh Holy Night.”
6. The Minions
7. Our first Christmas gathering of 2014 is Friday evening. Friends will come together in Farmville, Virginia at the old train station. It was built back in 1930 and served as a N&W passenger station up until about 1979. It has been remodeled and is available for small weddings, receptions and other gatherings.
Read other "Takes" at "This Ain't the Lyceum."