1. Father John had a beautiful homily on the star that the three wise men followed. A guiding light that brought them to Jesus. His suggestion for us to consider this week was to reflect on our own guiding light. Where is it leading us and are we willing to make the journey.
2. Randy Travis and Josh Turner - “Deeper Than The Holler.”
3. January 7, 1927, the Harlem Globetrotters played their first basketball game in Hinckley, Illinois. My favorite player; Meadowlark Lemon.
4. How cold is it?
"With the wind chill it got down to 63 below zero in parts of Montana. At that temperature, if you remove your hat your thoughts will actually freeze inside your brain." — Jimmy Kimmel
6. Last week we were at the beach in Duck, North Carolina. Five couples sharing laughs, enjoying food, drink, shopping at the outlet stores and watching football. God has blessed us with great friends.
7. Some beach photos by Dee.
|Dave & Jeanine|
|Tony & Pam|
|Me & Tony trying to decide which bottle of wine to open.|
|Me & Jeanine, in line for dinner.|
|Brenda & Lou|
|Maureen & Jack|
Read other "Takes" at "This Ain't the Lyceum."