2. On Monday, “Today’s Word,” by Steve Givens was “afraid.” He said that “the fear that God delivers us from is the fear of being alone and helpless when things happen. That life is fragile and always ends in physical death and separation from those we love is one of the harshest realities we learn.” There is hope and it is “be not afraid.” God asks us to “look beyond what we cannot see.” We should seize and hold firmly God’s hand. His hand is always there for us, we are never alone.
I have many friends who are going through illnesses that will be changing their lives and I pray for them daily. Steve has made me realize that I should not fear for them. I should not be afraid for what my future holds. I should take hold of my love in God and walk boldly ahead.
4. This beach art was shared by my cousin Marina. It is much better than the sand castles I build.
5. The new “man-cave” is filling in nicely. Here are a couple of pictures showing my computer desk and hobby table. There is room to place a second hobby table for gaming.
6. On April 1, 1953, Paramount Pictures released the movie, “Shane.” The leading character, Shane, was played by Alan Ladd. It is know as one of the greatest westerns made. I didn’t see the movie until the 1960’s, but it held my attention and reinforced my love of westerns.
7. My favorite commercial. Jessie riding off into the sunset with Daisy calling him. A little different from the old Western movies.
Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.