"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Thursday, September 3, 2020

New Road Sections for Briatun


**********************************


Making Road Sections


Roads are needed for Briartun and the surrounding area.


How many do I need and what length should I make them? 

I’m starting with 12” lengths, but will make shorter lengths as needed. Thickness is 3/32”. 

Using 3/32” x 4” by 24” bass wood, which is the same material as the creek sections. This will provide 4 pieces to start. Each piece will be 2” wide by 12” long. 


I sanded down the side edges at about a 45 degree angle. Sort of a blending of the road to the ground. The end edges were left straight to match up with other road sections.


I painted the road area with bronze yellow and then used a raw umber wash. 

Once dried, some lightweight spackling was put along the side edges and parts of the road. It was done in an irregular pattern.


While it was still wet I sprinkled a mix of modeling grass and earth landscaping over the spackling.


Once dried I painted over the spackling & mix with Leaf Green and added some rocks.


On the second two road sections I used a Jade Green and Leaf Green mix. No rocks but added coarse grass, modeling grass and earth landscaping. I don’t necessarily want each section to be exactly the same.









I wanted to see how they looked on the game table.




I am pleased with the results, just need more roads.


**********************************


No comments:

Post a Comment