"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, October 11, 2019

Stuff, Italy & a Journal



**********

We’ve been busy packing odds and ends that were discovered when putting together the “moving sale.” I’m amazed at how much “stuff” we have collected over the years. The hard part is deciding what to keep, what to give away and what to dispose of. 

Some things that I forgot about:

Photo of my first communion …
Downhill snow skis …
High school photos … 
High school graduation cards and announcements …
Various acknowledgments and certificates of appreciation …

**********
In preparation for listing our home, I'm making sure the outside looks presentable, Not that we have an unkept yard, just things like trimming the bushes, disposing of "junk" stored behind the shed and leaf removal.

Unfortunately it's rainy today, so the bush trimming needs to wait.
Collecting whatever "junk" there is will also be rescheduled.
Leaves are just starting to fall, so we're okay with that.

**********

Dee and I watched “Shadows In the Sun,” with Harvey Keitel. It is a great “couples” movie about a young editor that is sent to Italy to convince an author to write for his publishing company. The main characters are Harvey Keitel, the writer, Claire Forlani as his daughter, Joshua Jackson as the editor and Giancario Giannini as Father Moretti. All of them excellent.
The story takes place in Tuscany, Italy. The scenery was beautiful, so much so that Dee wants to go back to Italy. 

**********

In addition to "Literature & Angels," I have a personal journal. Lately I've not taken the time to keep it up to date. So, this week I started writing again. Hmm, inspired once again. I don't have an excuse for not writing. There's plenty of things going on in my life and I need to make sure those who read it understand that we all have things we can share.

Life is wonderful and sometimes challenging. I've found that the strength I get from the good times is what helps me face the frustrating times. Through all of it I've learned to keep an open heart, talk to God every day and be thankful I'm here to enjoy each day He provides.

**********

I like sharing cartoons, quotes, poems and music. Sometimes I get carried away and don't take the time to write my own quotes or poems. I could make a video of me singing. 
Okay, I can't sing, well definitely not well enough to make a video. I was once picked to sing in an eighth grade program. We were a small quartet and did rather well. When we were younger, my brother and I used to sing the Everly Brothers song, "Ebony Eyes," at parties. But then as we got older people stopped inviting us. 

**********

One of my favorite songs is "Seven Spanish Angels," with Ray Charles and Willie Nelson. The video below is by another great duo Jamey Johnson and Wilson Krauss. They sang this as a tribute to Willie Nelson in 2015 when he was the recipient of the Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song.

**********
Jamey Johnson & Alison Krauss - “Seven Spainish Angels.”



**********

Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment