"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, May 17, 2019

Tim Conway, Golf & Barsoom




**********

In honor of Tim Conway.
This is my favorite sketch and I’m sure there will be much laughter in Heaven.


********** 

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” 
Dr. Seuss

**********


**********

May 14, 1948, Ben-Gurion made the following statement. “”we hereby proclaim the establishment of the Jewish state in Palestine, to be called Israel.”

**********

Friendship

“When you sail troubled waters
I’m your oaken ship

Where you stand
I’m firmness neath your feet

When you stroll a summer’s day
I’m your umbrella, rain or shine

When you’re unhappy 
I’m your circus clown

When you’re afraid
I’m a warm embrace

When you’re joyous 
I’m your playmate

When you take ill
I’m a soothing balm

When Heaven calls you home
I shall be a loving archive of your life.”

 Ray Lucero

**********

I watched the movie, “John Carter,” once again. Edgar Rice Burroughs is one of my favorite authors and the “Barsoom” series is most enjoyable.

Dee and I went to see the movie when it first came out in 2012. We went to the historic Byrd Theater which is on Cary Street in Richmond.

**********

Travis Tritt: “Long Way to Richmond”



**********

Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.


No comments:

Post a Comment