"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, March 22, 2019

Remodel, Invictus & Leonard



**********

I’ve missed a couple of weeks because we’re remodeling/renovating the utility room and the downstairs bathroom. everything is still in progress, but it’s all “coming together.”

We've had help from our son Stephen and our neighbor Mitch. Both have made everything go much smoother than I thought. 

********** 

"The sun is brilliant in the sky but its warmth does not reach my face.
The breeze stirs the trees but leaves my hair unmoved.
The cooling rain will feed the grass but will not slake my thirst.
It is all inches away but further from me than my dreams.”

M. Romeo LaFlamme, The First of March

********** 

We did get out to dinner with all our friends for Saint Patrick’s day. Enjoyed laughing, plenty of food and Guinness.


**********


"Out of the night that covers me,   
  Black as the Pit from pole to pole,   
I thank whatever gods may be   
  For my unconquerable soul.   
   
In the fell clutch of circumstance 
  I have not winced nor cried aloud.   
Under the bludgeonings of chance   
  My head is bloody, but unbowed.   
   
Beyond this place of wrath and tears   
  Looms but the Horror of the shade, 
And yet the menace of the years   
  Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.   
   
It matters not how strait the gate,   
  How charged with punishments the scroll,   
I am the master of my fate:
  I am the captain of my soul.”

William Ernest Henley, 1849 - 1903

**********


**********

This was my 


God of goodness and mercy,
Hear my prayer as I begin this Lenten journey with you. Let me be honest with myself as I look into my heart and soul, noticing the times I turn away from you. Guide me as I humbly seek to repent and return to your love.
May humility guide my efforts to be reconciled with you and live forever in your abundant grace.
Transform me this Lent, heavenly Father. Give me the strength to commit myself to grow closer to you each day.
Amen.

**********

Leonard Cohen - Suzanne


**********

Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment