"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, May 4, 2018

Musketeers, Value & Suet




I have always been a fan of the “Three Musketeers.” My favorite movie version(s) were the the 1973 and 1974 films with Oliver Reed (Athos), Richard Chamberlain (Aramis) and Frank Finlay (Porthos.) Michael York (d’Artagnan) added to the cast and so far there hasn’t been a better movie production since then. I still enjoy watching them today.

On Monday “Paul’s Bods” presented some 1/72 characters from The Three Musketeers.”
MiLady de Winter, Queen Anne and Constance Bonacieux. Excellent figures, as always.


**********
Beth DeCristofaro presented some excellent thoughts on values of friends and family.

“What do you value in a friend or family member?  I appreciate a good belly laugh, the phone call answered and help arriving in the middle of the night, those encircling arms when tears just won’t stop, the honest stop-me-in-my-tracks word of critique that I most need to hear.  I also value comrades who aren’t nearby but are available and able to “listen” to the hardest of news without dispensing trite, fix-it advice.  I value the sister with whom I can share photos of the season’s first hummingbird and the brother who will again answer a computer question for the umpteenth time.  I honor friends who reciprocate anow d are willing to ask me for help too.” 
I work hard at forgiveness, understanding, listening and loving. And it works, although it wasn’t always that way. I have had to learn that I am not alone, that God is with me. It is a process that has required me to open my heart, to pray and accept that I am a “work-in-progress.”

**********

There is a good chance that I have been successful in the squirrel and the suet. Bought some anti-squirrel suet that birds still enjoy. It contains cayenne pepper, which squirrels don’t like.

Now I’m working against the black birds which like to pick the suet feeder off the pole. I put a black zip tie above the suet feeder so that it can’t be removed from the pole. So far it is working. Watched one of the birds play with it for a good five minutes then flew away.

Paul 2
Squirrel 0
Black bird 0


**********

“In the marvelous month of May when all the buds were bursting,
then in my heart did love arise. 
In the marvelous month of May when all the birds were singing, 
then did I reveal to her my yearning and longing.”
Heinrich Heine

**********



There are times when everything is going good and I feel like dancing.

**********

My brother Jack, from my other mother, and I at the Outer Banks.

Guess who is the youngest. Hint: He's wearing glasses.
**********

Janis Joplin - "Me and Bobby McGee"


**********

Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes

No comments:

Post a Comment