"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, May 11, 2018

Allergies, Kathryn & Naomi





I have allergies, so sometimes it’s better for me to stay away from the trees, grasses and weeds this time of year. This is not an easy task. Yard and other outside work has to be completed.

Relief usually is a trip to the Outer Banks, near the end of this month. Dee keeps telling me that it’s not the beach, just the end of the allergy season. She hasn’t convinced me yet.
  
Sneezy

**********

Autism has increased “to 1 in every 59 births in the United States. ” The estimated “lifetime cost of caring for a child with autism is as great as $2.4 million.” Read more about this at the Autism Society website.

Please take the time to watch Kathryn talk about her experiences of being a mother with three autistic children. She is the daughter of my Cursillo brother Dave.

**********

“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and everything.”
Plato

**********

Last Saturday my cousin Naomi wrote about Diabetes. She knows me as Ron, because that was my nickname growing up. A name that my mother, Rose Marie, chose for me. Anyway, I believe the last time I saw Naomi was at a funeral in Plattsburgh, New York. It was for our grandmother (mémé). I’m glad we have been able to re-connect.
 I’m not a regular on Facebook so I didn’t respond until this week. 

Please read what she has written and pray for her and all those who are dealing with Diabetes.

Naomi Reel - Facebook 5-2-18

“I can't say this will be my last post for a while, but maybe the last of many.... love you all! Certainly, in the most difficult moments of life you realize who are true friends or people who really appreciate you. Unfortunately, some friends will click "like" but they don't really take time to read your status if they see it's long. I have decided to publish this message to make people aware of the horrific byproducts of diabetes. The disease ruins your cardiovascular and renal systems.... And the drugs, like metformin, that are prescribed, may encourage the onset of dementia. Now I'm looking for those who will have time to read this post to the end. Diabetes is very invasive and destructive to our body, even after treatment, and medications your body is still struggling with yourself trying to regulate the spiking and dropping of insulin . It's a very long process.
Please, in honor of a family members or friend who has died, or continue to fight diabetes or even have diabetes but have healed; copy and paste (not share) on your page.
So I'm gonna find out who reads my posts. Please write "done" in the comments.”

My response 5-9-18

You are not alone and are in my daily prayers. Our oldest son Eric also has diabetes so we are familiar with the disease. Your message will be read by many who know and love you. There will also be those who don't know you but will add you to their prayers. Please don't judge the love that is out there by how many paste and share your story. 
Love, cousin Ron

**********



**********

This is from Proverbs 31:25-31.

A Blessed Mother’s Day to all you beautiful ladies.


"She is clothed with strength and dignity,
and laughs at the days to come.

She opens her mouth in wisdom;
kindly instruction is on her tongue.

She watches over* the affairs of her household,
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Her children rise up and call her blessed;
her husband, too, praises her:

“Many are the women of proven worth,
but you have excelled them all.”

Charm is deceptive and beauty fleeting;
the woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.*

Acclaim her for the work of her hands,
and let her deeds praise her at the city gates."

**********

Creedence Clearwater - “Have You Ever Seen The Rain?”



**********



Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes



No comments:

Post a Comment