"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, March 23, 2018

Yard Work, Will & Spring




Dominick Albano: “Have you ever wished you would hear the voice of God? I know I have. I've had those moments in my life, where I just wish that a voice would boom out from the sky—would come down from the clouds—and tell me everything was going to be okay, or tell me what I'm supposed to do next, or tell me what I'm doing wrong.”

“How about you? Have you had those moments? Because in the Gospel this Sunday, we see one of those moments, right? We see this happen. The people are with Jesus, God's voice booms out from the clouds, and he speaks down to the people. And what happens?  Some people say, “Oh my gosh, I heard the voice of God. The angels were speaking to us.” And others, “Nah, I heard thunder. Did you hear thunder? Yeah, I heard thunder. I heard thunder.” They don't believe. They're skeptical.”

I’ve often thought that it would be a wondrous thing if God talked to me like he did to Abraham and Moses. But then, would I listen if He told me something I didn’t want to hear? Or would I run and hide like Jonah did?

**********

We were fortunate and had a nice sunny day to complete more spring cleanup.
Dee started cleaning out leaves and getting her plants ready for spring. The granddaughters, Eryn and Hailey, helped her by trimming and gathering the leaves for dumping.
Our son Stephen came over to assist by trimming a couple of trees for us. While he was doing that job, I trimmed bushes, put down some topsoil and dumped old mulch.
It was a fun and productive afternoon with family.

**********

“There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.”
Will Rogers

********** 

The 84th Regiment of Foot (Royal Highland Emigrants)

I painted this regiment, along with the 71st Foot, Frasers Highlanders, for the battles in the Carolina, Georgia and Virginia theatre. It was raised during the American Revolution to defend British Canada. The men were soldiers who served Britain in the French and Indian War and stayed in Canada. There were two Battalions. The 2nd Battalion was commanded by General John Small of Strathardle. It was this Battalion that took part in the Southern Campaign.


**********



**********

Joel Fernandez, from Dynamic Catholic, shared what his mission is. It is not complicated and easy to understand. His statement on actions is excellent. If we show how we love God and others, if we show our enthusiasm about our beliefs, others will see, and some of them will want to do what we do.

“My mission is to know Jesus better every day and help my wife and kids to do the same. 
To do this, we gather each night as a family to pray or do a devotional or a Bible study. 

What my wife and I really want is for our kids to remember that Jesus is the foundation of our home, and that a relationship with Jesus is the most important thing in life.
More than anything else, we try with our lives and our example to reflect the love of Christ for our kids. As Saint Paul says, “It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.”

Our actions often speak louder than words, so we try to live in a way that others can see Christ in us each day. Our goal is to be able to bring the love of Jesus to every family, every person we meet, every person we talk to, and that our kids can do the same—and that we may be a good example for them.

Please pray that we will be able to live out this mission!

What is your mission?”
**********

Scotty McCreery - “Five More Minutes.”


**********


The Times They Are A Changin' - Tracy Chapman (Thank you Jen)




Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes

No comments:

Post a Comment