"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, March 16, 2018

John 3:16, On Parade & Fish




Dominick Albano: “In this Sunday's Gospel, we get to hear the most famous verse in all of the Bible: John 3:16.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him might not perish but have eternal life.”

“It's been said that this one verse is like the entirety of the Gospel condensed down into one verse. It's the entirety of the Gospel, the entirety of the Bible, the whole history of salvation, condensed down into one verse. And I think the beauty in the verse is in its simplicity. I think that's the beauty of this verse. I think that's why it's so attractive and why it's so popular. It's just so clear, and it's so simple, and it's so straightforward.”

**********

Melanie Rigney shared this quote from Thomas Merton.

“My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does, in fact, please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.”
   Thomas Merton

**********


********** 

Some heavy infantry from Todd. He continues to expand his British troops.



**********

These are my painted, 25MM, “American War of Independence” figures. Colonial troops are on the left and British troops on on the right.

My interests have changed to the French and Indian War. I will be putting these AWI figures up for sale along with those that I haven’t painted. If anyone is interested, please notify me. 


**********
Friday night is the annual Lenten Fish Dinner at our Church. Dee and I look forward to this every Lenten Season. It's an opportunity to enjoy great food, and share an evening with friends.

**********

Carrie Underwood - “Temporary Home.”


**********

Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes

No comments:

Post a Comment