"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, January 19, 2018

Some Takes and Things




The NFL playoffs, this weekend. My selections, picks, teams that I would like to see get to the Super Bowl.

Minnesota Vikings versus Philadelphia Eagles. 
I’m going with the Vikings. 

Legertha
Jacksonville Jaguars versus New England Patriots.
I’m going with the Patriots.

Patriots

 ***************

The paragraph below is the beginning of an informative article written by Steve Weidenkopf. It was sent to me by my son Todd after my blog about “Knightfall."

“For many years, Hollywood’s treatment of the Crusades and the medieval period has been rooted in fallacy rather than historical fact (and not too popular at the box office), with Ridley Scott’s deplorable Kingdom of Heaven (2005) as a prime example. So, when I saw a trailer for the new History Channel series Knightfall, I was interested but wary of its accuracy. Unfortunately, my fears about an inaccurate portrayal of history (even allowing for appropriate dramatic license) were confirmed.”

I do not necessarily share his opinions but I do like the article. It provides some insight into the Knights Templars and is worth reading.

The Real Story of Christ’s Warrior-Monks by Steve Weidenkopf.

 ***************
 I posted a game that my son Todd, granddaughter Ekaterina played last week.


 ***************
Calvin

Contemplation 
 ***************
“I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific.”
         Lily Tomlin

 ***************
Snow arrived on Wednesday. It’s Friday and almost all gone. I love the winters in Richmond, Virginia.

 ***************
Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis, “Is It Still Over?”




Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment