"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, December 22, 2017

Friday Musings December 22, 2017




Our good friend “Muffie” shared this poem with us at one of our prayer group meetings.


"The world is charged with the grandeur of God. 
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil; 
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil 
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod? 
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod; 
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil; 
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil 

Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod. 
And for all this, nature is never spent; 
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things; 
And though the last lights off the black West went 
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs — 
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent 
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.”



I continue to watch the History Channel program, "Knightfall." Each episode gets more interesting as characters develop. The most interesting person is Pope Boniface Vlll, played by Jim Carter, who was excellent as Mr. Carter in Downton Abbey.  


Pope Boniface lll with the Templar Knights

We had a large woodpecker enjoying the suet in the backyard.


Photo by Dee

This is from Dynamic Catholic’s “best advent ever” for December 20, 2017. I’m sharing this because I have been through a similar situation. I believe that God does bring hope if we let him into our lives.

“You know, I remember a time when I was in my early twenties, getting ready to graduate college, and someone close to me was struggling with a very serious addiction. We had done nearly everything we could to help him. I prayed for a miracle nearly every day. At night before I went to bed, at Mass on Sundays, and even in the Adoration chapel by my parish where I would stop most Wednesday afternoons. I begged God for a miracle.
It took nearly four and a half years of persistent prayer, but this person close to me came to seek help. And they've now been sober for five years. Being around my family now, I can't help but see the peace that surrounds them. God is good.
When is a time in your life when all you could do was hope?”
Chris Kaiser

Alan Jackson - "Silent Night"



Roger Miller - "Old Toy Trains"




Martina McBride - “O Holy Night” This is beautiful, it gave me chills ……



Have A Blessed Merry Christmas



No comments:

Post a Comment