"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, December 1, 2017

Decorating, a Poem & Randy



1. The Irish Lads are finalists in the “Offensive Line,” Joe Moore Award. 

The Richmond Spiders win back the “Capital Cup,” in an exciting win over William and Mary.

2. Dee and I have been putting up Christmas decorations. In the process we have decided that there is a lot of things we really don’t need anymore. Some are old and worn out, but some are in excellent condition. I took a couple of those to church for our “Christmas family.”  

3. I’m not going to talk about leaves again. Yes, they keep falling and I keep picking them up, but it’s Fall. So, here is a nice poem to finish with.


The leaves had a wonderful frolic.
They danced to the wind's loud song.
They whirled, and they floated, and scampered.
They circled and flew along.

The moon saw the little leaves dancing.
Each looked like a small brown bird.
The man in the moon smiled and listened.
And this is the song he heard.

The North Wind is calling, is calling,
And we must whirl round and round,
And then, when our dancing is ended,
We'll make a warm quilt for the ground.
                    Anonymous

4. “The Grand Ole Opry” began broadcasting on November 28, 1925.

5.

6. I own a portable scanner from 2015. The name is not relevant and I don’t want to pick on the company that made this device. It has performed well over the years and was instrumental in my paperless journey. The “company” has decided to move away from their scanner software. They have apparently researched that providing web access is more profitable. So, to continue using what I have would requires purchasing a “plan.”  No thank you. I’m now researching new scanners and will provide my findings on in a later blog.

7. Randy Travis - “How Do I Wrap My Heart Up For Christmas,” a great song.



Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment