"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, August 11, 2017

NASA, Cash & Glen Campbell



1. NASA is looking for a “Planetary Protection Officer.” The position requires a secret security clearance, skilled in the areas of diplomacy, a degree in physical science engineering or mathematics and “a recognized subject matter expert” in “advanced knowledge of Planetary Protection.” I figure that the only person, or team, that meets these requirements would be Agent J and Agent K of MIB. 


2. The Today show had a short spot on the use of credit cards versus the use of cash. I found it interesting because I don’t carry cash anymore. If there is a special situation where I know I will need cash, I will bring a certain amount for that need. A good example is when I’m heading to "The Dollar Tree." I don’t care to use my credit card there as I’m usually spending less than $5.00.
The banks don’t like cash either. Check the video from the “Today” website.

3. Goodbye and thank you for your music Glen Campbell. God will enjoy having you there to serenade the angels.


4. Al Roker was honored with the throwing the first 1st pitch at a New York Mets baseball game. Great job Al!


5. While I was working out in the yard, a praying Mantis decided to climb on the side of the garage to watch me. He, or maybe it was a she, was there all morning. 
There is some interesting information on the praying mantis over at insectidentification.org. One thing being, “Catching a glimpse of a Praying Mantis is a special thing, but leave it where you found it (if it hasn’t flown away.) It does a great service for growers, so for the benefit of the ecosystem, consider just admiring them, and capture only their photograph.”


6. Kenny Chesney & Grace Potter - “You And Tequila”


7. "When gardeners garden, it is not just plants that grow, but the gardeners themselves."
       Ken Druse


Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment