"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, March 31, 2017

Red, Mel's Diner & Bobby



1. I use to watch the “Red Skelton Show” with my Dad. Red was a terrific comedian and every week we laughed at the antics of Clem Kadiddlehopper, Freddie the Freeloader and Sheriff Deadeye. My favorite was Gertrude and Heathcliff. Red always made me feel like I was actually watching two seagulls talking. 


2. My son, Stephen, came over this week and helped cut down some large bushes. It was no  easy process and required his vehicle to pull out some of the roots. This is step one in a series of Spring jobs that Dee and I are planning. Next is to get some quotes on removing a few trees and grinding down about 6-9 stumps. I have already scheduled for quotes, so more details next week.

3. This is a photo, by Dee, of breakfast at Mel’s Diner in North Carolina. The food is excellent and the waitress, Ella, was efficient and entertaining.
Pam, Mary and Maureen on the left. Me, Tony, Paul and Jack on the right.

4. On March 29, 1929, President Herbert Hoover is the first to get a telephone installed at his desk. It was installed in the Oval Office of the White House. 

5.  “Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.”
                                                                            Roger Miller
6. This was shared by my friend Dick. It is a very unusual rope trip performed by Mac King. I’ve no idea how he does it. 


7. Bobby Bare, The Diet Song. A funny tune.



Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment