1. These are a couple of my ol’ Dungeons & Dragons figures that our sons and I used to game with. Now they are enlightening our granddaughter with her game of Dungeons & Dragons. A family tradition being passed on by our son Todd. Great memories and tradition.
2. The Spiders made it to the third round of the NIT tournament but lost to TSU. Their overall record for the season was 22-13 with a conference record of 13-5. We enjoyed the season and wish the best for all the seniors. ShawnDre’ Jones, T.J. Cline, Chase Fletcher and Marshall Wood.
3. We spent this week at the beach thanks to our great friends Maureen and Jack. They shared a beautiful home in Duck, N.C. The weather was sunny most of the week and provided both warm and cold temperatures. We enjoyed a variety of excellent meals, some wine, played “catchphrase” and listened to brother Tony stories.
|An Early View from the Deck|
4. The Wednesday readings contained only three sentences. To me, they summarize the connection of Moses and Jesus and what our core beliefs are. Powerful statements that provide a simple guide for our belief in God.
"However, take care and be earnestly on your guard not to forget the things which your own eyes have seen, nor let them slip from your memory as long as you live, but teach them to your children and to your children's children." Deuteronomy 4:9
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law until all things have taken place. Matthew 5:17-18
5. Barbara George, “I Know You Don’t Love Me No More”
6. Aretha Franklin - Respect
7. Diana Ross & The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.