"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, January 6, 2017

Karaoke, Winter And Jim


1. Our New Year celebration was enjoyable. Dee put together a Karaoke contest using our two granddaughters Eryn and Hailey as MC’s. They entertained and worked the crowd like pros.
My brother and I started off the contest singing Jim Croce’s, Bad, Bad Leroy Brown. No, we can’t sing. But we had others who could and a few whose talents matched my brother and me.

Tom & Me
Dee & Me


2. I went to the ‘Y” for my workout on Monday and noticed that the number of people attending had increased. This is not unusual as many start the year with the intent of “stickin’ to it,” but drop off after the the first month.

3. Winter is here and our first snow is due here Friday and/or Saturday depending on which weather model you want to follow. I'm choosing the one with the least snow but I have concerns. The squirrels in our yard have been foraging acorns all week long. Perhaps they know something that I don't.

4. "I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.""
     Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass.

5. Visit #2 to the Physical Therapist went well, although I received a B+ in stretches that I'm to complete at home. My "doorway subscapularis stretch," was not quite "up-to-par." Corrections have been made.


6. Just received a birthday gift from my Brother Tom and his wife Karen. It's the ultimate gift for the brother that has everything ....... a pistachio dish. Tom's favorite snack food happens to be pistachios. I get the impression that there should always be a supply "on hand" when he visits.  
7. Jim Croce, Bad Bad Leroy Brown. A better rendition than my brother and me.    







Go over to "This Ain't the Kyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.


No comments:

Post a Comment