1. On August 10, 1846 the Smithsonian Institution was established in Washington, D.C.
The funds for the Institution were given to the United States by James Smithson. The condition of the gift was for the establishment of the Smithsonian Institution “for the increase and diffusion of knowledge.”
This is a photo by R.A. White taken in 2002. Description here.
2. Well, just when everything seemed to be working well, we developed some “connection” issues on our television boxes. Fortunately our Internet provider was quick to resolve the problem. The technician found a bad part under the house from the original installation. Things get old and need to replaced. Now, the man was diligent in his detective work of locating this one small part. He was considerate, informative and apologized for the inconvenience. It’s nice to know that there are people who take pride in their work. My thanks to him, and he did get an excellent rating from me.
3. Just in case you haven’t seen this, it is labeled as “The Only Flag That Doesn’t Fly.” Thank you to my good friend Mike.
4. The news media keeps us informed as to the percentage of people who support our two candidates. I located the following website, “Real Clear Politics” which has a breakdown by poll. If Mrs. Clinton continues to lead does tha mean Mr. Trump will probably not get elected? Are we being told we really don’t have to vote?
5. I’ve finished another building for the village of Briartun. I posted it here on Wednesday.
6. “Keep love in your heart, A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” Oscar Wilde
7. Amy Grant - “Bartenders Blues”
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.