My Slow Takes
1. The Richmond Spiders continue their winning streak and advance to the third round of the FCS playoffs. Their next opponent is North Dakota State. A trip to Fargo, N.D. where the winters are cold and long. Or is that just in the movie? The current forecast is a high of 12, mainly sunny and a 10% chance of snow.
2. “Forgiveness isn’t an event, it is a process. Knowing that forgiveness is a process and not just an event reveals why it is so difficult to forgive. We want it to be over and done with in a single moment, but in reality it takes a serious emotional and spiritual commitment.”
Watch a short, two minute, video by Father Mike Schmitz and read the reflection at Dynamic Catholic.
3. Advent Lessons and Carols was another successful event at the Church of the Epiphany. Dee and I enjoy spending the evening listing to the reflections and music. It is a great way to embrace the Advent season.
We are blessed to have Rev. Arthur Mendez, Presider and Patricia Schrock, Director of Music.
Many thanks to the readers, the Chancel, Choir, and the Jubilate Ringers. Also in accompaniment were Heather, Aaron and Jane on violin, Patricia on cello, Rafael on the hand drum, Tracy on flute and Victor on trumpet.
4. Byrd Cellars is winery located in Goochland, Virginia. Dee and I went for a wine tasting, along with her Mom, brother Pat and his wife Judy. I always enjoy wine tastings, but this one was somewhat special as we had “Bill” as our wine expert. He is knowledgeable in his wines, but more important, he made us feel like we were in his home sharing wines that he enjoys.
My favorite wine was Pete’s Blend. Named after the winery dog. It is a “Chateau style dry red blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot.” An excellent wine.
|Dee and Me at Byrd Cellars|
5. Dee and I wish all of you a Blessed Christmas.
6. Jordan Smith - “Mary, Did You Know.”
7. Michael Bolton - “Silent Night”
Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.