"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, May 1, 2015

Maryland, Cabinets, and NHL.


My Slow Takes

1. Dee and I went to Maryland this weekend to visit my brother Tom and his wife Karen. It was a great weekend and we enjoyed being together. Dee and Karen found a Chester drawer which we brought back and placed in the kitchen eating area.



2. The Southern Maryland Celtic Festival was going on while we were in Maryland, so Tom and I attended it on Saturday. There was great Stout, bagpipe bands, vendors and entertainment. We listened to the Gothard Sisters perform. This is one of their tunes, “Flying Sails.”


3. The kitchen cabinets arrived this week and our garage is full. My job is to unpack and inspect them.


4. The Washington Capitals made it through the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. They are now facing the New York Rangers for game 2 on May 2nd. They lead the series 1-0.


5. This is a great song by Joan Baez. “500 Miles.”


6. In today’s Gospel, JN 14:1-8.

Jesus said to his disciples:
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. 
You have faith in God; have faith also in me. 
In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places.
If there were not,
would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back again and take you to myself,
so that where I am you also may be.”

I got to thinking about a “dwelling place.” Our home is our dwelling place, but I know our home in heaven will not be the same, Will we each have a different home? Will they all be the same? Can I request a place by the ocean with warm breezes and the melodious sound of the surf? Will I really care where I am as long as I with Jesus? Just thoughts for a Friday morning.

7. Today is May Day. Wikipedia provides some interesting information on Druids and the beginning of summer.

Eugene Damblans

Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment