"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, May 15, 2015

Father John, Einstein, and a Cardinal.


My Slow Takes

1. “If I speak in human and angelic tongues* but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.

And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.

If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, [love] is not pompous, it is not inflated,

it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,

it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing.

For we know partially and we prophesy partially …..

So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” 1 Cor. 13

Father John’s Sunday Homily spoke of love of a mother to her children, love of a husband and wife, love of brother and sister and love of friends. He explained that love has many meanings and we need to be aware that it is all around us. We need to fully understand what Jesus said, “love one another as I have loved you.” 
I always enjoy his sermons, they provide strong start to my week.

2. The Capitals and the Rangers faced each other on Wednesday night for the tie-breaker game. It was a close game that went into overtime. The Rangers scored the winning goal around the eleventh minute. 
It was an exciting series, thank you Capitals!


3. From Steve Givens blog, “The Creative Spirit: Finding the Extraordinary in the Ordinary.” May 10, 2015.

Einstein said, “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” We can see each sunrise, each newborn child, each encounter with beauty and chalk them all up to chance, or we can stand back in wonder at these daily miracles and choose to see the hand of God. The first option is a yawn; the second is a gasp. You choose.”

4. Our son Stephen and I finished taking down the kitchen cabinets and removing the counter top. He was a great help and I loved working with him.

Water Break

The Empty Kitchen
5. This is one of the local Cardinals that enjoys sitting in our Redbud tree.

Photo by Dee

6. The results from “Women on 20s” chose Harriet Tubman. Now it’s up to President Obama to make the decision of changing the $20 bill. My vote went to Clara Barton. Both ladies accomplished a lot for many people. They were unselfish and dedicated to their missions.

Harriet Tubman
7. O.C. Smith sings about love, green apples and snow.




Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum,” where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment