"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Saturday, July 19, 2014

My Slow Takes About Amelia Earhart, a carrot clarinet, Fr. Kapaun and Eryn.

1. Amelia Rose Earhart, not related to Amelia Mary Earhart, is a thirty-one year woman who completed an around-the-world flight. She is the first woman to complete such a flight. Natalie Daher, of NBC News, has details of this tremendous accomplishment. 
2. Linsey Pollak is a musician from Australia. At TEDxSydney 2014 he made a carrot clarinet and then played music on it.  

3. Chaplin Emil J. Kapaun of the United States Army was in Korea during the “Forgotten War.” He was a Roman Catholic priest. President Barack Obama presented the Medal of Honor posthumously to him on April 11, 2013. Please watch this video by Christopher Stefanick.

4. On July 15, 1988, the movie “Die Hard”, starring Bruce Willis, opened in theaters. It was a success and Bruce became a star. In 1990 there was “Die Hard 2,” in 1995, “Die Hard with a Vengeance,” and “Live Free or Die Hard in 2007. I started watching Bruce when he played David Addison Jr. in the television series “Moonlighting.” My favorite movies are “Red” and “Red 2.” 

Moonlighting

5. Dee has decided that I require a “man-cave.” A place for me to write, play Halo and paint miniatures. So, with her assistance, I am re-organizing. Our old clunky desks have been removed and replaced them with a new writing desk. I will be adding a game/painting table and a new chair.
6. Wednesday night we watched one of our granddaughters, Eryn, compete in a swim meet. The event we watched was the 50 yard backstroke. Eryn is nine and did well. She’s not a first place swimmer, yet, but she loves swimming. I told her how proud I was of her and let her know that I couldn’t swim like that when I was nine.
7. This is a week of disasters, controversies, incursions, fighting and damaging weather. Please pray for all those suffering. 

Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.












1 comment:

  1. Roger is a Bruce Willis fan and I remember watching Moonlighting too. All 3 of my grandkids are like fish - as a matter of fact - my whole family is - not my - I don't swim! I love the quote at the top - it is one I need this week. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete