"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, May 16, 2014

My Slow Takes about Ray Charles, VMI, the Truck and Marriage Encounter

1. Georgia on my Mind - Ray Charles - September 23, 1980 to June 10, 2004.


2. Ray Charles and Willie Nelson, “Seven Spanish Angels”


3. On May 15, 1864, 250 cadets, from Virginia Military Institute, fought in the battle of New Market. The VMI campus is in Lexington, Virginia and is a wonderful place to visit. Dee and I attended a wedding that was held in the Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hall. The photos below are not of that wedding, but do show how beautiful the Hall is.



4. I borrowed a truck to get mulch for our yard. It is a 1999 Ford F-150 and it “purrs” as we travel down the road. It's painted a beautiful Irish Green and shines when it has been washed. There is a “guy” thing about trucks, but I digress. The weather this year put me off schedule, so I’m a month behind. The mulch we use has been in great demand, so I’m waiting for them to make more. Hopefully I’ll complete everything by this weekend.


5. This week’s episode of NCIS paid tribute to actor Ralph Waite. It was a heart warming episode which included wonderful flashbacks of Gibbs childhood. I especially enjoyed the selection of the song, “Keep Me in Your Heart For A While,” by Warren Zevon.


6. Prayers for my brother-in-Christ Roger. He is recovering from surgery on his shoulder. 
7. Last week Dee gave me an unusual anniversary present. It was a card attached to two “compositions” books. The books were from our Marriage Encounter weekend back in 1983. Reading them made me realize how blessed I am that God brought us together.

“God doesn’t make junk.”
“My relationship to my spouse parallels my relationship to God.”
“We continually marry each other by doing ordinary things in extraordinary ways.”
Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.


No comments:

Post a Comment