"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, April 18, 2014

My Slow Takes about our Dogwood, Matt Maher, Granddaughters and Holy Thursday.




1. Our Virginia Dogwood tree in it’s beautiful spring bloom. It is small but the white flowers brighten up the front yard. It was a gift from our son Todd and his wife Lauren. 


2. This song, “My Only Love,” is written and performed by Matt Maher. It is on his album, “The Love In Between.” When he wrote this he was thinking about what a man would sing to his wife after being married for many years. This is my song to my wife Dee. Next month we will be celebrating 43 years of marriage. 


3. This is another song, “Christ Is Risen’” written and performed by Matt Maher. From the album. “Alive Again.” 


4. We had a Grandma Dee sleep over with three of our granddaughters this week. It is always interesting for us as we raised three boys. Dee and Isabelle, the 14 year old, went to pick up dinner and a couple of movies. Isabelle selected “The Swan Princes” and “The Book Thief.” The first one we watched with the whole crew and then when the two younger girls went to bed we watched the second one. Both were good movies and I was impressed at Isabelle’s selections.
The next morning Dee made her famous French Bread. Afterward Hailey and Eryn setup the kitchen table as an office. I was a customer coming in to get my car repaired. Hailey took all my information and gave me my repair estimate. I was then sent to Eryn who scheduled my repair date and sent me on my way. 
Dee took the girls visiting our neighbor’s newborn grandson and Great Grandma Lucy. It was a full day of activity.
  
5. I showed how to tie a “four-in-hand” tie knot on my Slow Takes, March 14. This week I present how to make a “palm cross.”


Directions
6. April 18, 1775 two men rode into history. Well, actually only one them is remembered, Paul Revere. The other fellow, William Dawes, is not well known and did not have any poems written about him. He was just as important as Paul Revere, and completed his mission warning of the marching of the British soldiers.

The first part of Mr. Longfellow's poem.

“Listen, my children, and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-Five: 
Hardly a man is now alive
Who remembers that famous day and year.”

My attempt at a poem.

“William Dawes made a daring ride
To warn of soldiers on the morning tide,
His horse was swift and galloped true,
Allowing him before the night was through,
To bring the message to the Lexington side”

7. Holy Thursday at the Church of the Epiphany. Dee and I were on the "Hospitality Team." We were also chosen to have our feet washed. We are Blessed to have been involved this emotional and spiritual experience.




There are no "Takes" at Conversion Diary this week, but Jen has a beautiful Holy Week song.

No comments:

Post a Comment