"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, June 14, 2013

My Slow Takes (Vol. 100)


1. This is my one-hundredth of “My Slow Takes.” Thank you to all who take the time to read what I write. A special thank you to Jennifer for sharing her blog with me. I enjoy putting together my musings and will continue.



2. Please pray for my sister-in-Christ, Joanne. She has some cancer issues that require a medical procedure. 

3. This has been a busy week, Dee’s brother and his wife, Pat and Judy spent a few days with us. Tomorrow we have more family staying with us, so the fun continues.  

4. On Tuesday we has lunch at “Baker’s Crust” on Cary Street and then we spent a couple of hours at the historic Tredegar Iron Works. There is a lot to see and learn and we could have stayed all day. There are films and exhibits. A Civil War reenactor gave a excellent demonstration and talk on the Springfield rifled musket.

Pat, Judy and I. Photo by Dee.

5. Our two oldest sons, Eric and Todd are moving out of state. One to New York and the other to North Carolina. The good news is that the youngest son is here with his family. It also means we will be doing some road trips.

6. Apple continues developing and improving it’s products. CNET put together “What Apple revealed at WWDC 2013.” 

7. My favorite Italian restaurant is “A Taste of Italy.” They make the best Stromboli in Richmond, Virginia. My Friday men’s lunch group meets there on a regular basis. Today was one of those days.


Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment