"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, January 18, 2013

My Slow Takes (Vol. 82)


1. I watch NCIS and enjoy the series. The writers do a great job of taking the characters, each different, and blending together. It makes it difficult to have a favorite. Well, okay, it’s Gibbs. The two part episodes for 2013 were well done. I’m looking forward to the rest of the season.
  
2. Jennifer’s birthday thoughts on being love-driven makes sense to me. The more I work toward the love that God wants us to attain, the better I feel. I am happier, enjoy people on a closer bond and I am more sensitive to life. We all need love and we all have the capacity to love. We just need to focus. 

3. We just sold my mother-in-laws 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass. It had around 77,000 miles on it. She only drove it to church, just joking. My brother-in-Christ Walter sent his car to the junk yard. It was a 1994 Toyota Camry with 270,000 miles. My 2002 Nissan Pathfinder has 195,000 and is still a great vehicle. Keeping up with the normal maintenance enables your car to last awhile. There are some people who get accustomed to their cars and really enjoy them. So they don’t seem old, just broken-in. 

4. Apple stock is falling. I don’t own any directly, but I’m sure it’s part of one of my investment plans. There is some controversy whether Apple will continue to come up with new ideas. I don’t have the answer, but they have done well so far.

5. Trisha writes from her heart and shares her beautiful daily experiences. Her Wednesday blog is about two people who come together and provide a warming experience to those who were with them. The story touched me because I know and love John. He has shared and helped me and is in my daily prayers. Please take a moment to read it. 

6. I am a Baby Boomer who will be retiring next month. It’s not really retirement, it’s my next journey. One that will provide new opportunities, adventures and challenges. One possibility is that my hobbies could become new careers. I will be able to broaden my horizons and expand my boundaries. I see no limits just more things ahead, so it’s, “Second star to the right and straight on ‘til morning.”

If you contemplating the same, here is some reference information from USA Today.

7. Snow in Virginia, but not like snow in Buffalo, New York. We have a few inches of the white stuff and some icy roads. We also have people who don’t know how to drive in the snow. That makes for a rather interesting commute to work. I’m not concerned because God, in His great wisdom, has brought the sun out. It brings out the beauty of the glistening ice providing a bright landscape that is awe inspiring. Most of the snow will be gone by this afternoon. Tomorrow it will have vanished, a mere memory.

Our house around eight this morning


Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment