2. We went to Crickets British Pub on Monday evening. The atmosphere was festive, the fish and chips were great and the entertainment lively. There was dancing and singing and my brother-in-law Pat and his wife Judy introduced us to all their friends.
"Ron & The Classics," is the Monday night entertainment. A nice mix of 50's and 60's music.
3. On Tuesday, Dee and I went to Frenchy's on the beach. We had margarita's, grouper fajitas and the grilled grouper sandwich. A great lunch.
We took a nice long walk on the beach and then went to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, home of Winter the dolphin. It is nice that we have dedicated people who take care of God's creatures. In response, Winter has inspired others. There are stories of them on the website. Children and adults: five-year-old Linnea Kanyok, eighteen-year-old Christopher Briner, thirty-one-year-old Maja Kazazic and fifty-one-year-old David Bedworth are just a few. God's presence and love shared by many.
4. Tuesday evening was dinner at Pat and Judy's then out to Leo's to listen to Andy Stefano. Andy sings songs made famous by Frank Sinatra. "My Way, New York, New York, Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" and requests went on for the evening. If you closed you eyes you could picture Frank Sinatra singing. Andy's voice flows effortlessly putting the audience back in time when "crooners" we were popular.
5. Pat and I went to the Armed Forces Museum Thursday afternoon. Our first visit and we were impressed. Many people came together to honor all the men and women who have given their time, effort and lives defending our country. There were historical displays from the Civil War to present day including a table showing items associated with our POWs and MIAs. Each display provided historical data about the lives of our armed forces and gave me a better understanding of what they endured.
6. These were some of the things we enjoyed while in Clearwater, Florida. We had plenty to do and loved being with family and meeting new friends. It is good to be back home and we were blessed with a safe and uneventful drive home. Thank you Lord.
7. Catholic Answers Live broadcasts Monday through Friday, 6 to 8PM EST. Hosted by Patrick Coffin, it is a call in program where anyone, Catholic or non-Catholic may call with questions about the Roman Catholic Church. Guests such as; Jimmy Akin, Jim Blackburn, Tim Staples, Patrick Madrid, Sharon Lee Giganti, and provide answers and reference information for callers and listeners.
I listen to the Q&A Open Forum on Tuesday and Thursdays. My iTunes provides the podcast subscription so that I don't miss anything.
The program is "dedicated to Catholic apologetics and evangelization." Our son Todd recommended that I listen to it and I've been enjoying it for the last two years. It has enhanced my understanding of the Catholic Church and has strengthen my spiritual journey.