"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, November 9, 2012

My Slow Takes (Vol. 73)


1. Our Fair Trade Bazaar was last weekend and it was successful. The team put everything together on Saturday and each worked the different Mass schedules with me. The items that are bought helps our neighbors all over the world by helping them to achieve a sustainable income. In partnership with SERRV, Catholic Relief Services, and Equal Exchange.

2. Saturday football results had a win for the Richmond Spiders and Notre Dame. I was working at Church and didn’t get to see them although I started watching the Irish Lads 
before I left. Just before returning home I checked the Notre Dame Insider app to see what happened and saw a score of 20-6 in favor of the Panthers. I thought the game was over but when I arrived home and turned on the television it was 23-23 in the second overtime. A crazy ending. 

Notre Dame 6-0 and Richmond Spiders 6-3.

3. Deacon Rick is heading back to his hometown in Wisconsin. A new job opportunity for him. He will be missed but remembered by the parish. He is a friend, a spiritual leader and remains in my prayers.

His last Homily left us with a message which he called “The Main Thing.” 

“Hear, O Israel!
The Lord our God is Lord alone!
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart,
with all your soul,
with all your mind,
and with all your strength.”

“You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Mark 12:28b-34

Thank you Rick and may God continue to bless you and your family.

4. Tuesday, November 6, 2012, Halo 4 is here. The saga continues and I’m one of the gaming crowd that owns and has followed from the beginning. It is my favorite game. Brett Molina of USA Today describes the “action powerhouse.”

5. Post election thoughts can be read at this blog. The author and I made our Cursillo together back in September 2012. His article is much better than what I could have written.
Thank you John.

6. New time, old time has worked well this week. I still wake up early, just an hour sooner than last week.

Here is some information when it started, why it started and how it has changed. 

7. Please read my Tuesday blog, SCID Awareness. The picture of the twins will warm your hearts.

Read other "Takes" at Conversion Diary.



No comments:

Post a Comment