"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, October 5, 2012

My Slow Takes (Vol. 68)


1.Todd and I tasted the Luc Pirlrt, Pinot Noir Reserve 2010, and were pleased with the wine. Unfortunately we could not determine the flavor of the wine. So I bow to the Wine Curmudgeon who stated, “it has a moderate black fruit, plus some pepper and earthiness.”

2. My replacement iPhone 4s showed up on Friday. Dee was there to accept and verify that the package had not been tampered with. The FedEX driver was very cooperative and pleased that all was fine. It makes his job easier. My phone is setup and functioning great.

3. On Sunday we celebrated our son Eric and his son Justin’s birthdays. We enjoyed a beautiful warm and sunny Sunday afternoon with family. Todd and Lauren brought a piñata. We hung it on one of trees in the front yard and starting with the four year olds, letting each of the children take turns attempting to get at the treasure inside. The piñata proved to be a challenge but they finally got it opened. 

4. Roger Yu, USA Today explains some features we may not know about Apple iOS6. I like the “private photo sharing.”

5. Todd has a new blog, “Voice & Scholarship.” Please take a moment to view his writings on education and scholarly information.

6. Acorns ... acorns ... are all over my drive way. Every time I drive in or out it sounds like small firecrackers sounding off.

7. Please pray for a healthy recovery for my sister-in-Christ Jeanine. She had hip surgery yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment