"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, September 21, 2012

My Slow Takes (Vol. 66)


1. I have a pet peeve; people working or playing on cell phones during a function. Whether it’s a meeting, a seminar, a wedding, a church service or general gathering of friends it’s rude. My two cents. 

2. Saturday’s wedding was beautiful and I especially liked the reading from Sirach 26: 3-4

“A good wife is a generous gift,
bestowed upon him who fears the Lord.

Whether rich or poor, his heart is content,
a smile ever on his face”

I am blessed that He entrusted me with Dee’s love. My heart is happy and my life is content.   

3. “Your Daily Tripod” wrote about the theme "waiting." 

My “waiting” is for retirement. 153 days to go. That of course is my plan and not God's. So we'll see what develops.

When I was a child I was always waiting for Christmas, summer break, waiting to be 16 so I could drive, waiting to be 18 so I could drink, waiting to be 21 so I could vote, waiting to graduate from college, waiting for our first child to be born, waiting for the "right job," waiting for things I thought I needed. These things have all passed and I have learned that patience is more important. Life is much easier when I put my faith in God and follow His example.
4. Fantasy football, an example of humility at “Thoughts of A Flawed Disciple.” 

5. Thursday night we celebrated one of our coworkers retirement. He is 55, has spent over 30 years with our organization and is ready to explore new horizons. Gary’s plan is to retire somewhere in Florida on a houseboat. Maybe find a small island off the Florida Keys. The evening was cheerful and sad. We are happy he is leaving but will miss him. Lord please watch over him and keep him safe.

6. Tomorrow we celebrate our granddaughter Katerina’s birthday. A day in the country with family.

7. The Notre Dame Fighting Irish face Michigan Wolverines at 7:30PM Saturday and have field advantage. Michigan leads the series 23-15-1 but that will change when the Irish lads triumph over the northern guys.   

No comments:

Post a Comment