"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, August 31, 2012

My Slow Takes (vol. 63)


1. Last month I wrote about Duncan, the family Labrador. On Saturday the 25th of August Duncan left for his next journey. I’ve been told that dogs do not go to heaven, but I can’t believe that God would abandon Duncan. He brought love and happiness to the Forgette clan. Although we are taught that animals have no souls, he was a creature of God.  

Duncan was my favorite of all our sons pets. He was the first and we watched him grow over the last 14 years. When he was at our house I would lay on the floor with my TV pillow watching a movie. Duncan would lay down with me laying his head on my chest so that I would scratch behind his ears. Our walks were a planned circuit that he chose and we never deviated from it. At night when Dee and I went to bed he would come upstairs. He would go on Dee’s side of the bed and lay his head next to her making sure she was there and waiting for an invitation to get up on the bed. When she ignored him he would come around to my side and repeat the procedure. Finally he would lay down near the door and go to sleep.



2. Sunday’s reading from Ephesians  5:2A, 25-32; “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ loved the church and handed himself over for her to sanctify her, cleansing her by the bath of water with the word, that he might present to himself the church in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.” These are beautiful words that I always enjoy reading. My wife Dee is my life and soul mate. We are “joined” and have “become one flesh.” Thank you Jesus for bringing her into my life.

3. These pictures are of one of my AWI British Artillery units. The manufacturer is “Old Glory.” 




4. This weekend we are heading to New York for a family wedding. My nephew Chris and his bride-to-be Adrianne. All of our family and friends will be joining us. I’m looking forward to the celebration.

5. Next week is our annual September vacation in the Outer Banks. If you read my blog from last December you’ll remember that I was inducted into the infamous "International Order of the Red Bandannas." (IORB) Our Brotherhood has plans for the sampling of various red wines, eating of cheese, bread and sopressata, and spending many hours on the beach. Our spouses have plans for shopping and spending time on the beach and maybe sampling of the wines. It is a relaxing vacation with close friends.

6. I’m waiting for the new Apple iPhone 5. My plan is to buy the iPhone 4s, which should come down in price.

7. St. Joan of Arc in Hershey, PA has a “youtube” video about dressing for Mass. Please take the time to view Father Rothan’s Homily




No comments:

Post a Comment