"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Saturday, August 11, 2012

My Slow Takes (Vol. 60)


1. These are figures from Old Glory, French and Indian War. Painted them as Hurons. I’m still learning how to work the camera.



2. Dee bought a new camera this week. She selected the Nikon D3200. The old camera, Nikon D70s, will now be the backup. She said I could use it for photographing my miniatures. 

3. From Dr. Taylor Marshall of Canterbury Tales. “Emperor Theodosius condemned and banned the Olympic Games as pagan and unworthy of Christian culture.” This was for the AD 393 Olympics.The International Olympics began in 1896.

4. Judy, Dee’s sister-in-law, has been released from the hospital. Surgery was not required. Thank you for your prayers.

5. Dee worked at our church Vacation Bible School which ended on Friday the 10th. Two of our grand daughters, Eryn and Hailey attended and enjoyed the week. I attended the closing and was impressed with the songs that children sang. Found myself singing along with them. 

6. My brother helped me install the new light fixtures in the master bathroom today. An excellent job and they look great. He has a talent for this and we completed it in half the time it would have taken me to do.

7. Jennifer’s blog about discernment made me think about myself. I sometimes wonder if I’m listening closely to hear His message. Do I miss what I am supposed to do and go off in a different direction? Probably, but I keep trying. Working toward better judgement and gaining some wisdom in the process. 



No comments:

Post a Comment