"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter


Holy Thursday Mass is the washing of the feet and watching this reenactment of Jesus puts today’s reading into perspective. Father Jim, Msgr. Shreve and Deacon Rick wash the feet of some of our parish community. Each year different parishioners are asked to participate. Dee had her feet washed and said it is a humbling experience that touches the heart. It allows us to feel what the disciples felt and teaches us that what they are doing, so should we be doing.
“So when he had washed their feet and put his garments back on and reclined at table again, he said to them, "Do you realize what I have done for you? You call me 'teacher' and 'master,' and rightly so, for indeed I am. If I, therefore, the master and teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash one another's feet. I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do." John 13:12-15
***

Easter week is special and brings me closer to God than any other time of the year. I get closer as I read and reflect on His suffering and sacrifice and then His rising. Passing from death over to life, all through His love for us.

***

Wednesday morning Jennifer Fulwiler provided a link to Cardinal Timothy Dolan. He has a message that is inspiring and passionate. It makes me shout AMEN! Take a moment and watch it.

***

My brother-in Christ Tony bought some hot cross buns at our weekly Sunday gathering at Panera. We got to talking about the origin of hot cross buns so I did some research and found a story about Saint Clare of Assisi. Read it at “Discover-Catholic-Miracles.”
Don’t forget the hot cross buns nursery rhyme.
“Hot cross buns! Hot cross buns!
One a penny two a penny - Hot cross buns
If you have no daughters, give them to your sons
One a penny two a penny - Hot cross buns”


No comments:

Post a Comment