"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Monday, November 28, 2011

Brother Victor

My brother in Christ, Victor, is in intensive care at St. Francis Hospital. He is not allowed visitors, just family. There are tubes connecting too many parts of his body so that he can be provided nourishment and medication. He has multiple issues and each has to be dealt with individually. So, we need patience and time to get through his recovery.

Victor was the "Rector" for my weekend back in September 2010. His presence made my weekend beautiful and fulfilling. It raised my spiritual awareness to a level I never thought possible. His soft spoken words, his warm smile and his spiritual glow provided the strength for the weekend. This same love of Christian brotherhood wasn't just for the weekend. It continues at church, at Ultrea's, or anytime you are with him.  

Yesterday when I walked into his room that smile and glow was still there. He was unable to speak much and I told him to just lay back while I said a prayer for him. But when I finished he started telling me that God was with him and how blessed he was. He was receiving the care needed to recover. There was no discussion of his pain or comments of "why me." He said that God had a new plan for him and when he got out of the hospital he would be off on his next journey.

I have asked God to let Victor stay with us. He has touched the hearts of many people. We are not ready for him to join Jesus. We need his strength to guide us in our faith.

So please pray for him, his wife Kathy and their daughters. They need our prayers now.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment