"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, July 29, 2011

My Slow Takes (vol. 8)

1. Our new parish priest, Father Jim is now at our church. I attended 9:15 Mass on Sunday and was pleased that the number of people attending was more than last Sunday.


The Homily brought together our in-between time and the future. He talked about all of the good things that occurred over the last seven years. He reminded everyone that these were positive memories that will be with us. 


I had the opportunity to talk with Father Jim. He is a humble man and will help our community as we move forward. This was a great way to start my Sunday. Thank you Lord.


2.  Dee, Pam, Mary, Dan and Ed are all working at "Summer Camp On the Hill." It is one of Rev. Ben Campbell's projects that reaches out to the children of the City of Richmond. Dee has been asked to be the "official" photographer for the week, so I'm bringing her camera to her after work.


3.  Tuesday night I went over to Tony's house to help him with his computer. I set up the mail account on his laptop and discovered that there were over 3,000 email messages still on his system. They dated back to 2009. After we stopped laughing I suggested that he "sort out" the messages that they no longer needed.


"Flash back" to Sunday's Gospel, Matthew 13:44-52, "The angels will go out and separate the wicked from the righteous." Sorting things out is what I have been doing with my life. I am planning for retirement and my thought process is changing. I'm learning that there are more important things in life than having "stuff" and rushing from event to event. 


I am reading "Introduction to the Devout Life" by Saint Francis De Sales. He has some important things that I am doing to enrich my life. So I am making changes and becoming more at peace with myself. I am slowing down, sometimes to the chagrin of my co-workers. My desire for a Mazda Miata is not as intense as it once was. I am more comfortable with work, not being concerned if our "project" is ending or not. I am sorting things out, putting my life in His hands and enjoying each day. 


4. It is Friday and the week has been busy and enjoyable. All of the projects that I had planned are finished and tonight I can relax and watch a movie. 


Dee comes home from "Summer Camp" tomorrow. We'll probably go to dinner so that she can have a relaxing evening.


Work has been interesting as always. We have a great team and I enjoy working with them. 


Robbie was the person who hired me ten years ago. He moved from our company to do consulting work and is now back on our project. I was able to spend time talking about our experiences and how blessed we are to be where we are now. Robbie was a caring manager and made me feel that I worked with him, and not for him. He is a friend who makes an effort  to see how I am doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment