"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, June 22, 2018

Fathers, Novels & A Wedding




**********

To all the fathers, I pray that you enjoyed your Father’s Day.


**********


Terry Brooks announced the release of “The Skaar Invasion.” The continuation of the Shannara Series.



********** 

Another one of my favorite authors, Bernard Cornwell, will be releasing the next book in his "The Last Kingdom" series this fall.




**********

This is a photo of my high school buddy Rich and I. It was taken at my sister Kim’s 50th surprise birthday party in 2011. Thank you to our son Eric for sending it to me.

I miss you my friend

**********

My nephew Matthew is getting married this weekend to a beautiful young lady, Amber. To them I present Shakespeare’s Sonnet 116.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken. 
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

**********

I was introduced to “19 Crimes” wine and have been enjoying the Cabernet and the Red Blend. This week one of my Cursillo brothers, Jerry, called me to see how I was doing. (I pulled a lower back muscle on Sunday, but I’m doing fine now.) He told me about a new app, Living Wine Labels. Once you download the app, you scan the “19 Crimes” label and the “character” on the wine bottle tells you a short story. It is awesome and has interesting short stories about the bottle. Thank you Jerry.


**********

Bonnie Raitt & John Prine - “Angel From Montgomery”


**********

Go over to "This Ain't the Lyceum," where Kelly is hosting more takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment